The A.J. Fernandez website states this about the Enclave.
“The spirit of the Enclave cigar lays within the special brotherhood created by those who enjoy a great cigar. Rich Habano Rosado Wrapper from Ecuador compliments the decadent Cameroon Binder. The AJF Piloto Cubano and AJF Select Nicaraguan Fillers greets the cigar aficionado with notes of pepper, spice, cedar, and cinnamon.”
The Enclave is available in 4 vitolas:
- Robusto: 5 x 52
- Toro: 6 x 52
- Figuardo: 6.5 x 52
- Churchill: 7 x 52
A.J. Fernandez Enclave Blend:
- Wrapper: Ecuadorian Habano Rosado
- Binder: African Cameroon
- Filler: A.J. Fernandez Select Nicaraguan, A.J. Fernandez Nicaraguan Piloto Cubano
For this review I enjoyed the Figuardo for a relaxing 90 minutes plus of smoking time.
Cigar Review Notes
- I love the band on the Enclave – Tribute to the American Indian
- Satin, chocolate brown wrapper
- Perfecto foot – Pencil Point Cap
- Spicy wrapper with a hint of cocoa
- Cold draw offered dry leather on the lips
- Initial puffs – deep pepper on nose and throat
- Salty and peppery notes start to twirl about
- Imagine that a salt and pepper ash too!
- Into first third a spice perhaps cinnamon enters
- Cedar notes enter after ash dropped at completion of first third
- Burn is terrific right down to the perfecto foot!
- Pepper settles down after the first third
- Bitter cocoa powder mixing in with the spicy cedar
- Gets a little wave in the second half
- A few puffs corrects the wave
- Ash fell again at end of second third
- Chocolate renters final third
- The A.J. Fernandez Enclave finishes with a touch sweetness and spice background right down to the Nub