Back in October of 2018 I introduced you all to the latest creation from Ventura Cigars the Archetype Fantasy
“This 3-cigar collection- Crystals, Curses, and Cloaks- was released with fanfare in July 2018 at IPCPR, and instantly caught the eyes of the industry for its unique blends and backstory. And it’s now available for consumers on their own quest for standout cigars.”
Today I present the second blend in the Archetype Fantasy
- Wrapper: Sun-grown Habano
- Binder: Nicaragua Habano
- Filler: Nicaragua Habano
The Archetype Mini Series Crystals has a MSRP of $9.00/cigar.
The Ventura Cigars Archetype
Like its siblings, the Crystals is adorned with a primary black band with the gold Archetype logo centered along with the word CRYSTALS printed in white. Then there is the large outer sleeve that covers the cigar from the foot to the band.
Running the Crystals across the nose I picked up a natural tobacco sweetness along the barrel and a light spice off the foot.
I decided to use my punch to open the cap and took some cold draw puffs that had a decent restriction and offered notes of black pepper and earth
With an inviting pre-light exam it was time to toast it up and see where the Archetype Mini Series Crystals take me.
Cigar Review Notes
- Right off the first light the palate is graced with a mild pepper to start
- Sweetness with a touch of leather is revealed as the pepper receded
- Smoke is creamy
- White ash thick char line
- Cinnamon notes round out the early profile
- Ash falls after an inch or so reveling a flat burn cone
- Dry cocoa powder notes enter
- Slight wave develops in the burn
- Sweetness re-appears moving through the second third
- Woody notes enter near the end of the second third
- Barrel gets hot to touch just below the band
- Flavor fades at the end
- Medium in Strength
- Total Smoking Time was 1 hour and 20 minutes
Overall, I rate the Ventura Cigars Archetype
Point Deductions: (-1) Jagged Burn; (-1) Burned Hot to the Touch; (-1) Flat Burn Cone; (-2) Flavor Faded at End; (-1) May Want to Try