Ah, just what to Doctor ordered on a crisp January morning here in Central Florida. Today’s prescription was ordered by Dr. El Diablo Blanco – it says right on the prescription wrapped around this smooth light tan Ecuadorian Connecticut cigar from Ventura Cigars.
The original Pysko Seven was introduced two years ago and then followed up with the Psyko Seven Maduro. This year, Ventura Cigars has added one more medication for your mind, the Psyko Seven Connecticut. It was introduced at the end of 2016 so it qualifies for the best Connecticut cigars for the year, and on January 15, 2017 we shall see where it may place in that list. I actually rang in 2017 by choosing it as the first cigar of the year on New Years Day morning.
Today I invite you to chill with me, on my mind relaxation patio, while I embark on another Psyko journey.
This years Psyko Seven blend is described on the prescription as:
- Wrapper – Ecuadorian Connecticut
- Binder – Dominican San Vincente
- Filler – Multi-Country
Depending on your medication need, the Psyko Seven Connecticut is available in 3 vitolas and packaged in 20-count boxes:
- Robusto – 5.5 x 50
- Toro – 6.25 x 48
- Gordo – 6 x 60
For this review I sampled two Psyko Seven Connecticut Robustos
Cigar Review Notes
- Silky smooth light tan wrapper
- Minimal veins
- Sweet baking spice pre-light aroma
- Tight packing with dark tobacco core
- Restricted cold draw with notes of white pepper
- Firing it up as the doctor ordered, I am in the head with a nice dose of pepper; Hey, Doctor Blanco, didn’t electro shock go out of style years ago?
- Once recovered from the nasal cleaning pepper, butter and toast notes creep in behind the receding pepper
- A fairly solid light grey ash develops on a medium char line
- Fruity aroma develops, offering a glimpse of what’s to come
- Bitter sweet coffee and fruit move into the profile after the first third
- The smoke smooths out into a texture that is full and creamy
- As the ash falls a well centered burn cone is revealed
- Subtle cinnamon and a touch of sweetness enters at the end of the second third
- Spice builds up in the final
- Solid medium strength cigar with a great burn
- Total smoking time was right around 1 hour
- OK, I am medicated! Now to start the day.
Overall, the Psyko Seven Connecticut from Ventura Cigars was a fine way to start the stay. Certainly not the mildest of Connecticut cigars out there and it delivered an error free burn with delectable flavor notes. The choice of fillers has definitely toned down the traditional Connecticut bitterness on this one.