Lanceros, a vitola that some really enjoy and others seem to shy away from. As for me, I like a good lancero, it is an elegant cigar and when properly constructed, it burns beautifully and flavorful. Today, I would like to discuss the Iconic Leaf Recluse Amadeus Lancero.
At this past years IPCPR, Iconic Leaf added some new blends and extended others. One of those extensions was the new “Lancero” vitola for the Recluse Amadeus. This is a beautifully constructed cigar, finished with a pig tail cap. The wrapper is silky smooth and it is adorned with two bands. The primary is the standard Recluse Amadeus band – white and silver – with that subtle holographic ink on the logo. The secondary is a bright silver footer band that just further makes the cigar pop on the shelf.
The Recluse Amadeus Lancero has the same blend as the others in the line up:
- Wrapper – Ecuadorian Shade Grown Grade ‘A’.
- Binder – MBC (proprietary).
- Dominican Ligero.
- Dominican Viso.
- Dominican Seco.
- USA Pennsylvanian Broadleaf
Besides the new lancero, the Recluse Amadeus is available in 13 other vitolas and all are packaged in 24-count boxes. The Lancero itself is a classic 7 x 38 vitola.
Cigar Review Notes
- Vein-less and silky, light tan, wrapper
- Foot offers aromas of nut, hay, and cocoa
- The cold draw had a delectable fruit taste
- Once fired up, you are greeted with a peppery buttered toast to start
- Fruity jam enters to sweeten things up
- Ash is solid, on a medium char line – light grey – and holds for about an inch of burn before falling
- Cocoa powder fills out the profile as the butter and jam dance about the palate
- Ultra smooth at half way point, with a full, thick, creamy smoke
- Almond notes appear in the background, primarily in the aroma
- Gentle spice joins the mix after the second third
- Pepper reappears through the nasal
- Spice builds through the final with a subtle cedar sweetness
- Solid medium strength
- Total Smoking Time was right around 1 hour.
Overall, the Recluse Amadeus Lancero was an excellent addition to the Amadeus lineup from Iconic Cigars. It Delivered solid flavor through a pristine burn. The aromas were enticing. This is an excellent morning cigar that is not going to hit you hard but will awaken you morning palate.