FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 4, 2018
Miami, FL – If you missed last years inaugural Black Smoke Miami event, you missed an outstanding multi day cigar herf and party. Black Smoke Miami promoter, Kennedy Achille (Tobacco Kennedy) has announced the 2nd Annual Black Smoke Miami which will take place this year on South Beach in downtown Miami. Like last year, the event will take place the days before and into Labor Day weekend, August 29 to September 2.
Taking it to a new level this year, Kennedy went on a Black Smoke Miami road show that included, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Baltimore, Washington D.C. , and ending in Houston, Texas today. This is all in preparation for planned largest Miami herf. As Kennedy states:
“What better way to enjoy Labor Day Weekend than with a great cigar in Miami. Black Smoke Miami is not your average cigar event. We take pride in giving our participants an experience to enjoy robust moments and a sense of living life.”
This year will feature some additional events including two Mansion parties and a 1st ever golf outing.
The Official BSM hotels are:
- Mondrian – South Beach – According to the hotels website: The Mondrian is “set on the stunning waterfront of Biscayne Bay. The Mondrian South Beach is designed after revolutionary Dutch designer, Marcel Wanders. His whimsical and visionary style for the hotel is an homage to “Sleeping Beauty’s Castle.”
- Shelborne – Miami Beach – The hotels website describes the Shelborne as “an eminent landmark constructed in 1940 and embellished in the 1950s, this Art Deco Miami gem infuses modern sophistication into a vintage-chic hotel at Collins Avenue and 18th Street.”
Kennedy is planning a full list of events for this years 5 day extravaganza is as follows:
- Meet and Greet – Wed August 29; 7PM location TBD
- Havana Nights – Thurs August 30; 7PM -Historic Lyric Theater, Overtown Miami Beach. Spend the evening watching a classic movie at this historic theater in Miami. The Lyric Theater was built in 1913 and quickly became a major entertainment center for blacks in Miami. It continued to operate as a movie theater until 1959 when it became a church of the General Assembly of the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ of the Apostolic Faith. When Overtown began to deteriorate in the 1960s the Lyric Theater closed and would remain shuttered for decades. It was eventually acquired by Black Archives, History and Research Foundation of South Florida, Inc. in 1988. Listed on the national register of historic places, the Lyric is now known as the Black Archives Historic Lyric Theater Cultural Arts Complex and officially the oldest theater in Miami. Kennedy chose this to highlight the black culture in Miami for this years events.
- Casino Royale – Fri August 31; 7PM – Historic Lyric Theater, South Beach – Come on back again and this time enjoy the fun and classic movie Casino Royale.
- Backyard Boogie – Sat September 1; 4PM – Location TBD
- Pool Party – Sun September 2, 12 noon at the Mondrian Hotel
- Black Smoke Miami Golf Outing – TBD
Prices have been set at follows:
- Weekend Pass – $250.00 which gets you access to all events, cigars, 4 drink tickets, swag bag and free food at specific venues.
- VIP Pass – $350.00 which gets you everything in the basic pass plus and open bar and a premium swag bag.
- VIP Pass + Cabana – $1500.00 which gets you 4 VIP Weekend passes, Open Bar, Free Food, Premium Swag Bag plus a Cabana at the back yard boogie with 2 bottles and a box of cigars.
If you have not got your ticket yet, they are available here: https://blacksmokemiami.ticketspice.com/black-smoke-miami-2018
Hope to see you there, until then here is a short slide show of the fun at last years event: