Today we offer the Stogie Press Rough Cut cigar review notes on the El Artista 60th Anniversary pre-release cigar. El Artista is a family-owned company based in the Dominican Republic that specializes in the manufacture of premium cigars and sale of raw materials. I received samples of the new El Artista 60th Anniversary cigar when I visited them in Tamboril earlier this year. El Artista is best known for the Puro Amber and Exactus cigars.
The El Artista 60th Anniversary will be introduced at this years IPCPR and will available in two vitolas:
- 5 x 50
- 6 x 54
The El Artista 60th Anniversary blend uses a Unique Dominican Wrapper that embraces 6 different kinds of tobacco!
Today we sampled the 6 x 54.
Cigar Review Notes
- Medium brown marbled wrapper that is a bit waxy firm to the touch
- Band is not the official band, uses Code Name B1NF
- Spicy Fruit Aroma on the foot
- Sweet Fermented tobacco along the barrel
- Earthy and pepper slightly restricted cold draw
- Initial Pepper Burst on first light
- Spicy, Pepper retrohale
- A bold start long spicy finish loads of smoke
- Spice and pepper settle and give way to nut and coffee
- Beautiful burn solid white-grey ash
- Very firm cigar
- Sweet fruit aroma
- Ash held on for about 2 inches
- Solid medium cigar
- A bitter honey note develops start of 2nd third. – I had to look this up; never tasted that!
- Full body of smoke
- Hit a slight sour cherry note coupled with cedar and citrus
- Strength is increasing to medium-full
- Touch of cocoa enter in the final third