Time, we never seem to have enough of it. Never enough time in the day, yet we wake early and go to sleep late. With regards to time, Charles Darwin said “A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.”
This year, Warped Cigars has introduced the Maestro Del Tiempo cigar. The names translates to “Master of Time”. I would like to think that Kyle Gellis of Warped Cigars has discovered the value of life as he does not seem to wastes an hour of time. He is always on the go, blending, marketing, and selling his creations.
Introduced at the 2016 IPCPR , the Maestro Del Tiempo is 100% AGANORSA tobacco. The name AGANORSA is an acronym and that is why it is in all capital letters. It stands for (Agricola Ganadera Nortena S.A.) which is an agriculture conglomerate in Nicaragua. AGANORSA is the parent company of Casa Fernandez which is the company Kyle has collaborated with on the Maestro Del Tiempo. Eduardo Fernández, the owner of Aganorsa S.A. takes great pride in his farms and allows the gift of time to grow and age his tobacco.
The Maestro Del Tiempo blend is described by Warped Cigars as:
- Wrapper – Nicaraguan Jalapa Corojo 99′
- Binder – Nicaragua
- Filler – Nicaraguan Corojo 99′ + Criollo 98
The Warped Cigars website proudly states:
MAESTRO DEL TIEMPO “MASTER OF TIME” IS A CULMINATION OF THE YEARS OF BLEND TESTING AND IMPROVEMENTS FOR THIS MARCA. SEVERAL YEARS AND SCOURING THE DEPTHS OF AGANORSA THROUGH THEIR VAST LINEAGE OF REGIONS, FARMS, AND LOTS TO MAKE THIS BLEND HAPPEN. YOU NEED TO MASTER TIME TO CREATE THE IDEAL CIGAR, AND THIS IS LIVING PROOF.
The Maestro Del Tiempo is available in 3 vitolas and are packaged in 25-count boxes except the 6102R which comes in 100-count cabinet boxes and is limited to a total of 15,000 cigars.
- 5205 – 6 3/8 x 42 (Lonsdale)
- 5712 – 4.5 x 52 (Petite Robusto)
- 6102R – 5 1/4 x 48 (Limited Production)
For this review I sampled the Warped Maestro Del Tiempo 5712 Petite Robusto that was gifted to me by one of my Stogie Press readers.
Cigar Review Notes
- Light to medium brown wrapper
- Tight seems
- Sweet hay aroma on the foot
- Restricted draw with a punch cut
- Sprinkle of nut on cold draw
- First light offers floral and coffee with a gentle spice
- Snow White ash on medium char line
- Spicy nut aroma
- Medium body of smoke
- Smooth draw easy on the nose
- Amazing ash! Falls after two inches with a perfect burn cone
- Tons of oiling on the wrapper as it burns
- Touch of honey enters
- Spice builds in second third and continues through the remainder
- Finishes with a hint of coffee
Overall the Warped Maestro Del Tiempo is another fine example of Kyle Gellis’ collaborative efforts with Casa Fernandez. The Maestro Del Tiempo was an elegant smoking experience, though not as complex as some other Warped cigars, it delivered consistent flavors with excellent error free burn qualities.