According to the Miami Cigars, Nestor Miranda Collection Corojo, press release:
The newly redesigned Nestor Miranda Collection was launched during the company’s 25-year anniversary in 2014. The collection featured three different cigars (NMC Connecticut, Habano, and Maduro.)
The company announced the Corojo blend to the collection at this years IPCPR. Miami Cigars has stated that there has been great demand for this cigar and now it is available at retailers nationwide.
The blend is a Nicaraguan puro using a Corojo wrapper that Nestor Miranda has wanted to use for some time, and time is just what they waited for. Nestor and his team waited till the blend was just right before announcing it.
This is the first “all Nicaraguan” cigar in the Nestor Miranda Collection. As with the other blends in the collection, it is manufactured by the the Garcia family at the My Father Cigars S.A. factory in Estelí, Nicaragua.
The Nestor Miranda Collection Corojo is available in four vitolas:
- Robusto – 50 x 4 1/2
- Corona Gorda – 46 x 6
- Toro – 54 x 5 1/2
- Gordo – 60 x 6
The price ranges between $7.50 – $9.50
For this review I sampled the Nestor Miranda Collection Corojo robusto.
Cigar Review Notes
- Tightly packed and solid throughout
- Finished with a triple cap
- Love the neon yellow on the band
- Dark brown marbled wrapper
- Sweet hazelnut off the foot
- Fermented tobacco sweetness on barrel
- Cold draw is a tad tight and offers red pepper and a sprinkle of sweetness and way in the back that hazelnut
- There is a lot going on in the first inch.
- I get fruit, coffee, nut, chocolate and spice
- Ash is snow-white on a medium char line
- A gentle nasal burn
- Spicy pepper aroma
- Smoke is quite smooth after an inch of burn
- The fruit moves forward with a backdrop of coffee
- Strength is showing itself as medium even before the halfway point
- Dry leather enters just south of band
- Ash fell just after removing the band
- Excellent burn cone
- Hint of cinnamon
- Smoke is full
- White pepper builds into final third
- Aroma shifts to a floral fruit
- Sprinkle of sweet cedar completes the experience
- Strength has increased to just shy of full
- Total Smoking time was just shy of an hour
Overall, Nestor Miranda Collection Corojo is very complex flavor packed cigar with an impeccable burn. In the world of cigar, patience is the key to producing a quality smoke, and Nestor and the Miami Cigars team did it right by waiting till the blend was right. This is an outstanding cigar that will certainly make the Stogie Press 2016 Top 25 cigars. I am really looking forward to getting the Corona Gordo vitola.