Earlier this year, ACE Prime and Crowned Heads announced the release of new Luciano Cigar line called: THE DREAMER. It is the second cigar in the line named after the owner and co-founder of Tabacalera Pichardo and Ace Prime, Luciano Meirelles.
The Dreamer was inspired by the book, “The Artisan Soul” by Erwin McManus who describes all humans as creative each of which have the essence of an artist. In the book he calls upon us to let that creativity shine and craft our lives as a work of art. That was the mission between Luciano Meirelles and Crowned Heads co-founder Jon Huber.
ACE Prime Luciano – The Dreamer is expressed in a single 7.5 X 38 vitola and comes packaged in a beautiful 15-count box with cedar slots to hold each cigar. MSRP has been set at $15.00/cigar.
The multi-country blend is described as:
- Wrapper – Ecuadorian Sumatra
- Binder – Nicaragua
- Filler – Nicaragua and Peru
In releasing this cigar, Luciano Meirelles noted:
“I wanted to produce a cigar that would represent the human imaginationl. We are very proud of this blend. The Dreamer is something special for the true cigar lover”
For this review, I sampled three Luciano – The Dreamers, which I received from the company for the purpose of reviewing on Stogie Press.
The ACE Prime Luciano – “The Dreamer” is a beautifully constructed, smooth to the touch, medium brown cigar. The wrapper is light on veins and has a slight reddish hue with a decent oily sheen. I found the barrel to be firm from head to foot and solidly packed. A well applied twist cap finishes the presentation.
Two bands adorns the cigar. The primary, band is the standard black white Luciano band that was also used on the company’s The Traveler. A secondary gold satin footer band is also applied.
Running the The Dreamer along the nose, I picked up a pleasant vanilla spice along the barrel and fresh floral notes off the foot.
I chose to slice the twist cap straight across the shoulder and proceeded to give it some cold draw puffs that had an excellent draw and offered light spice and cedar sensations.
I used a single flame torch to warm the foot and drew in the first puffs of bright cedar notes that were smooth and pleasant on the palate. Follow along as I burn the ACE Prime Luciano – The Dreamer to ash.
Cigar Review Notes
- First light treats the palate with bright cedar notes
- Floral and spice quickly join the mix
- Full volume of smoke through a perfect draw
- Very smooth retro-hale
- Light grey ash forms on top of a medium and slightly wavy char line
- Morphs into a mild spice and fruit after an inch of burn
- Ash fell in a good chunk, revealing a flat yet centered burn cone
- Cocoa notes add to the enjoyment
- Burn gets a little jagged
- Almond notes
- Burn went out and required a relight
- Maple syrup aroma fills the nostrils
- Moving through the second half, a savory butter presence builds
- Another re-light required
- Increased spice notes grow deep in second third
- Medium Strength
- Total Smoking Time was 1 hour 45 minutes
Overall, the ACE Prime Luciano – The Dreamer was a smooth and pleasant blend that had a fine array of flavors and aromas all delivered through a well constructed lancero vitola. Like most lanceros, it did go out a few times and required to be re-lit but overall this is one I would still recommend a box buy. I rate this a 94.
Point Deductions: (-1) Required Multiple Re-lights; (-1) Slightly jagged burn after first ash fall
Bonus Points: (+1) Pleasant and consistent experience across multiple samples