Originally released in December 2019 and then brought back in the end of 2020, the ADVentura – The Conqueror Emperor’s Edition is an extension to the “ADVentura The Conqueror” lineup which debuted earlier in 2019. The Conqueror was the third release of the ADVentura brand and follows the fictional story of two 15th century explorers who set out on a quest to discover “the unknown pleasures of the world.” The original line up included:
- Comandante (5 x 50)
- El Capitán (6 x 60)
- Cañonero (7 x 60) – European Market Only
- Marinero (5 x 52) – European Market Only
The addition of The Conqueror Emperor’s Edition means there are 3 vitolas in this blend available to the US market. There is a slight difference to the blend in the Emperor’s Edition. The compnay decided to remove the ligero and replace it with viso leaves.
The full blend is described as:
- Wrapper – Ecuadorian H2000
- Binder – Ecuadorian Sumatra
- Filler – Nicaragua and Dominican Republic
Expresses in a (7 x 40) Lonsdale vitola, it comes packaged in a 20-count boxes and carries an MSRP of $11.50/cigar. I know you can find these at Neptune Cigars.
The ADVentura – The Conqueror Emperor’s Edition is smooth to the touch, medium brown cigar that has a slight marbling throughout. There are a just a few veins that run along the barrel . The cigar feels decently packed with just the right give between the fingers. A well applied twist cap finishes the presentation.
A single band adorns the cigar that is the same as most of the ADVentura lineup. This time it presents the company’s logo in black on a the white background.
As I ran the barrel along the nose, I picked up a pleasant natural tobacco sweetness along the barrel and a mild cut oak note off the foot.
I sliced the cap straight across the shoulder and gave it some cold draw puffs that graced the palate with notes of mild earth and floral all delivered through a pleasantly restricted draw.
Using a lit cedar spill, I warmed the foot with the heat of the soft flame and drew in the first puffs of mildly spicy notes. Follow along as I burn this Conqueror to ash.
Cigar Review Notes
- Mild spice notes to start the journey
- Solid white ash forms on top of a thin and fairly even char line
- Amazingly full volume of smoke for a small ring gauge
- Soft fruity citrus tang evolves through first third
- Floral notes begin to intensify
- Ash fell in a big chunk, revealing a perfect burn cone
- Earthy notes begin to evolve
- Cocoa joins the profile midway joined with a dry leather
- Citrusy notes maintain
- Mild jag in burn
- Light cream balances things out moving through the final third
- Mild to medium in strength
- Total Smoking Time was 1 hour and 40 minutes
I found the ADVentura – The Conqueror Emperor’s Edition – to be an elegant smoke from foot to nub. This mild to medium strength cigar offered a well balanced array of flavors and aromas that were more nuanced than bold in your face. I especially enjoyed the light cream notes deep in the second third. The ash was spectacular as was the burn cone. All but error free in burn, This is box worthy and I rate this a solid 95.
Point Deductions: (-1) Mild Jag in burn in second half
Bonus Points; (+1) Buy a Box; (+1) Excellent Ash