I thought it apropos that I bring one of my Maya Selva cigars on my visit to Paris this past couple of weeks. I chose to smoke this fine specimen of cigar as I enjoyed my weekend off from work while touring the City of Lights. The Flor de Selva Grand Pressé is an extension to the Flor de Selva Maduro line and is available in only one vitola – 6 x 56 box-pressed toro gordo.
The blend according to the Maya Selva is:
- Wrapper: Honduran habano
- Binder: Brazilian mata fina
- Filler: Honduran
The Flor de Selva Grand Pressé is priced just under $12.00 USD per cigar and is packaged in 10 count boxes.
Cigar Review Notes
- Terrific dark brown marbled maduro wrapper
- Soft box press with minimal veins
- The band is simple in design with an accompanying footer band
- Pre-light offers a tea aroma with a touch of cocoa
- Cold draw is just to my liking – slight earth and pepper, with a little vegetal
- The first few puffs gave a mild nasal burn of pepper
- There is a hard to describe spice component running through
- The vegetal flavor mixes in early
- The pepper fades quickly and an ultra smooth smoke evolves
- The ash is medium grey ash resting on a thin eyeliner dark burn line
- Chocolate notes enter after an inch enticing my back teeth
- Decent burn cone
- A sweet aroma develops that blends well with the parfum of the Parisian ladies that pass me by
- The chocolate is taking on a slight bitter component like dry cocoa powder
- Flavors have blended well by end of second third
- The early spice picks up in final third
- Finishes with touch of fruit
Overall the Maya Selva Flor de Selva Grand Pressé was a terrific cigar that I enjoyed in the Parisian noon day sun. The burn was perfect and the draw excellent. The smoke was full with delicious flavor transitions. I have to say it paired very well with the Guinness I was enjoying outside the Galway Irish pub just a few meters from Notre Dame Cathedral along the river Seine.
And now for a little tour of Paris!!
1 thought on “Flor de Selva “Grand Pressé” Cigar Review”
Very nice! The Flor de Selva Maduro is excellent and one f my favorites! Can’t wait to try the Grand Pressé!!!
Comments are closed.